Christopher was selected as our Secret Diner for TGI Friday’s! Here is his review:
1. We visited TGI Fridays at Cheshire Oaks.
2. We did not book prior to going. I had attempted to use the online service five days prior but all the slots had been taken. I was informed on the website the alternative would be to arrive at the restaurant and wait for a table. We chose to do this option instead.
3. The restaurant appeared to be very busy when we arrived. The staff at the front desk were welcoming and explained how long it would be for a table to become free.
4. On arrival we were told we would have to wait 20 minutes for a table. We had a drink at the bar whilst waiting and were seated within 20 minutes.
5. We did not take children
6. We were not made aware of any specials
7. Whilst waiting at the bar before being seated it took 7 minutes for the drinks to be ordered. Once seated the waitress asked within 3 minutes whether we were ready to order. We had not yet made our decision, but she came back quickly 5 minutes later.
8. For our starters it took 22 minutes to arrive at the table. The main course was 18 minutes and the dessert 11 minutes.
9. For our starters we ordered the mozzarella dippers and jack daniels sesame chicken strips. For the main course we ordered the BBQ pulled pork burger and Cajun-spiced chicken quesadilla. Both the starters and main course were what we had expected, based on the description from the menu and our preconceptions.
10. We decided to share a cookies and cream ice cream sundae for dessert. We both enjoyed it, there was a sufficient amount of oreo cookies for both of us, although we did have trouble deciding who would get to eat the chocolate flake. After eating a starter and main course we found it was the perfect size to share. The ice cream was also very tasty and it was presented as we expected in a long tall glass.
11. We tried the ‘Rum Might Say’ cocktail. The bartender stated he had not made this drink before and did require to look in an instruction manual. We did have to wait some time for this to be made. However, when it arrived it had the right balance of fruit juice and alcohol. We would happily drink several more of these. I asked the bartender about creating a drinks tab which could be transferred to our table once seated. He was very helpful and stated he required a debit/credit card to be swiped in the till for this to occur.
12. The service was good overall. The waitress apologised for the slight delay with the starter. Our food order was taken promptly after sitting down. She was very attentive throughout, we did not have to wait more than 3-5 minutes after each course for our table to be cleared. We were asked several times whether we needed extra drinks. One possible suggestion for improvement would be for the staff to introduce themselves when seating us at the table to give an added personal touch.
13. The food was above our expectations. The dipping sauce with the chicken sesame strips was exceptionally good and complemented the dish very well. The mozarella dippers were also excellent and the tomato salsa was another great accompaniment, being not too spicy but flavoursome. Both starters were off the correct portion size and left enough room for further courses. The BBQ pulled pork burger was very tasty, being able to identify all of the individual ingredients and it was served in a very nice brioche bun. The cajun chicken quesadilla was not too spicy but had the right amount of spices. The only slight criticism is that the rice was a little dry. However, the dish as a whole was excellent. We ordered a side portion of onion rings that were not too greasy and very crispy in texture.
14. I would definitely recommend TGI Fridays to a friend. The staff offered great service and the food was to our expectations. I am sure all of my friends would enjoy their visit as well.
If you would like the chance to be a secret diner, click here.